Friday, July 13, 2012

Fan Concept Friday

As promised earlier this week, I have concept art from a new contributor! Canucks fans, don't be scared away by his pen name... he revealed to me in an email that he is in fact a Canucks fan (I never would have guessed!).

Today WiinipegJets96 makes his concept art debut on SOAC. In his email to me, WinnipegJets96 revealed to me that he was actually a Canucks fan and really got interested in hockey in 2003 when he became a fan of the Canucks and their awesome team from that era. He mentioned he was a big fan of Naslund, Linden, the Sedins, Ohlund, and Cloutier... but we know Cloutier had to be a typo, right!?! As many of you may know this era in Canucks history is probably my favourite and Naslund still remains my favourite Canuck.

Jets96 used the look of the 80's and 90's Canucks sweaters as the basis for his concepts, but has tried to update the look.



The thing I like the most about these sweaters are the simple, big, bold stripes on the jersey. They match the "in your face" colours and feel of this uniform really well. I appreciate what the Vs on the cuff are meant to accomplish, but do not think that they are as effective here with these arm stripes. I would leave the cuffs black and move the Vs to the shoulders, like on the 1985-89 uniforms. For the numbers I would go with a consistant colour scheme throughout the jersey. The red numbers seem to "Calgary Flames" to me... not a good thing on a Canucks uniform. I would go with the yellow ones on the back as well. I might also make the front crest logo a bit bigger.

All in all I like these concepts, and think the big, bold, in-your-face vibe they give me fit really well with this colour scheme and logo. Thanks for sending this concept in Jets96. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

For any of you that have concept art, feel free to send it my way. I am hoping to be able to feature at least one concept by someone other than myself every friday. If you have a Canucks themed concept, send it to: shirtofacanuck@gmail.com

thanks for dropping by! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this, no the Cloutier wasn't a mistake, I just liked him..before that happened, Moss and Auld did honestly play better than him, Thanks for the advice too, I plan on working on this one a bit more, as well as a few others

    ReplyDelete